[vfio-users] FS0: is not available at the UEFI interactive shell

Aaron Siegel admin at siegel-tech.net
Tue Dec 22 04:09:05 UTC 2015

Hello

I have not been able to progress past the "UEFI Interactive Shell".  I
installed the ODFM firmware using the instruction provide by the Fedora
wiki
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_UEFI_with_QEMU

I have been using Alex Williamson instruction for installing the
virtual machine
http://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-4-our-firs
t.html

The virtual machine boots into UEFI Interactive Shell v2.1. The mapping
table does not have a FS0: device. The latest configuration has seven
BLK devices numbered 0 through 6. I am unable to list the files in
anything of these devices using the 'dir' command.

I have successfully installed a Fedora virtual machine using the
example provide in the Fedora wiki 'Using UEFI with QEMU'.

What is FS0? It is the UEFI partition, correct.
The system
Kernel 4.2.7-300.fc23.x86_64
OS Fedora 22 and 23 (recently upgraded)
edk2.git-ovmf-x64 0-20151221.b1391.gaa6f793 (this is the current,
problem with older versions)
qemu 	2.5.0
virt-manager 1.3.1

Thank you,