[vfio-users] Optimize vm and host performance, is dual xeon the way ?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 10:59:56 UTC 2015

I forgot your CPU type, so I don't know about your case.

But, as I'm using 4820K, I usually using 4 to 6 threads gave to VM, only
use 2 threads for Fedora host.
And most important is vCPU tweaks, especially CPU topology and Hyper-V.

For me, I usually set topology as "sockets=1 cores=6 threads=1" if using 6
threads from host.
Then set cpuset= to let vCPU worked on pointed CPU threads.

IME, set all threads as vCPU cores can got better performance on Windows 10.