[vfio-users] Optimize vm and host performance, is dual xeon the way ?

Karsten Elfenbein karsten.elfenbein at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 17:53:36 UTC 2015

check that the 2 cores for the host OS are on the same physical core
and that the VM does not use those 2 processors with the same core id

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -e processor -e 'core id'

CPU 0-3 should be the core 0-3
CPU 4-7 should be the core 0-3 again with HT

so leaving out CPU 0 and 4 should keep core 0 idle and the host OS responsive

taskset 1-3,5-7 startVM.sh

Karsten