[vfio-users] Optimize vm and host performance, is dual xeon the way ?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 06:24:32 UTC 2015

Yes, typically.

cpuset means which host thread will be pinned to vCPU thread.
And topology can set the deploy definition of these threads. Like you want
to set these pinned threads as 6 cores, or want to set these as 6 sockets.
I suggest to set these threads as cores.

For example,

<cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='7'/>
</cputune>

And,

<cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='6' threads='1'/>
</cpu>