[vfio-users] Configuring VFIO

Hello everybody!

I am Linux beginner and have already asked for help here some weeks ago. Now I got my new PC and I am trying to get GPU passthrough working, but unfortunately I am already failing at the host configuration. :-/

I am using Manjaro 15.12 with kernel 4.1 on a 5820k with ASRock Extreme4.
I am mostly following the vfio blog and also the Arch wiki.

This is what I did so far:

I enabled Intel virtualisation and vt-d in my UEFI and installed Manjaro in UEFI mode.
I added intel_iommu=on to the kernel command line and saved the changes. I rebooted and cat /proc/cmdline says the command was launched successfully. Using the find command the IOMMU groups were shown.
Now the problem starts: I want to use VFIO to isolate the GPU.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] [10de:1380] (rev a2)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:0fbc] (rev a1)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] [10de:0a65] (rev a2)
02:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio Controller [10de:0be3] (rev a1)

The 750 Ti is the GPU I want to pass through. Now I am not entirely sure what to do. I tried creating /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf and put "options vfio-pci ids=10de:1380,10de:0fbc,10de:0a65,10de:0be3" into this file.

Then I edited mkinitcpio.conf and added "vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_pci vfio_virqfd" to MODULES. I saved the changes by executing "mkinitcpio -p linux 41".

Now when I reboot Manjaro does not boot successfully anymore, it stops with a black screen and a blinking space. When I remove intel_iommu=on in grub it boots again, but obviously IOMMU support is gone then.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? It's possibly something very simple as my Linux knowledge is very limited. I am not able to find the problem though, spent half a night, but no progress, so any help is much appreciated! :-)