[vfio-users] QEMU / KVM VFIO ("no signal" message)

Leonardo Caldas leonardo.caldas at xleox.org
Tue Nov 3 18:52:55 UTC 2015

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Leonardo Caldas <
> leonardo.caldas at xleox.org> wrote:
>
>> sudo qemu-system-x86_64 \
>>
>>   -enable-kvm \
>>   -m 8192 \
>>   -vga none \
>>   -cpu host,kvm=off \
>>   -smp 4,sockets=1,cores=4,threads=8 \
>>   -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,multifunction=on \
>>   -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.1 \
>>   -drive if=pflash,format=raw,readonly,file=/usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd \
>>   -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=/tmp/my_vars.fd
>>
>> I sincerely don't know what else I could try in order to make my setup work... Any indication would be pretty much appreciated
>>

> Have you tested whether the GPU supports UEFI?
> http://vfio.blogspot.com/2014/08/does-my-graphics-card-rom-support-efi.html

./rom-parser GTX680.rom
Valid ROM signature found @0h, PCIR offset 190h
        PCIR: type 0 (x86 PC-AT), vendor: 10de, device: 1180, class: 030000
        PCIR: revision 0, vendor revision: 1
        Last image

In fact I never made this test.. And as the page states, it was supposed to
output twoo headers... I've got only one.
It means that my GPU has no UEFI support', isn't it?

Could you please suggest me which method I may use, considering this lack
of support?

Thank you very much.

--
Atenciosamente,