[vfio-users] OVMF + OS X El Capitan + 970 gtx passthrough = Success

francesco dicarlo evilsephiroth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:42:08 UTC 2015

Well, the credited user modified clover to include correct calculation so
vm is doing fine...

only 2 problems...

1)No hdmi audio. Gonna investigate and eventually switch to usb dongle

2)Multiple screens....

I have 2 screens. gpu 970 gtx is connected by hdmi cable to one and dvi-d
cable to the other. no adaptor or something like that

When I start the vm, ovmf and clover are displayed on hdmi screen at
1920x1080.then when booting, resolution is reduced to 800x600 cut (even if
I set in clover plist 1920x1080). After post and boot screen,

only dvi screen is displayed and hdmi monitor goes in standby mode...

I'm not using adaptors nor strange cables. My gpu has also display port and
I'm gonna try with a display port => hdmi with the other combinations (dp=>
hdmi + hdmi OR dp=> hdmi + DVI-D).

Booting with nvda_drv=1

Researched in hackintosh forum but nothing comes up, only random solutions
changing cables...

Any hint or experience?

Regards

Francesco