[vfio-users] Arch linux-vfio 4.3 testing

Dan Ziemba zman0900 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:10:50 UTC 2015

I have been maintaining the linux-vfio and linux-vfio-lts packages in
the Arch Linux AUR.  While preparing the linux-vfio 4.3 package, I
found that the vga arbitration patch for the Intel i915 driver no
longer applies cleanly.  I made a fairly simple change that got it to
compile, but this did involve changing things in a struct, which I
believe has the potential to cause problems with close to the hardware
code like the kernel.

It boots for me, but my current system does not use Intel graphics so I
have no way to verify that it still works correctly.  I normally don't
release this package until arch releases their update to the main
kernel, but I'm going to post it here early this time so maybe some of
you can try it out.  Let me know if I broke it.

Attached: linux-vfio-4.3-1.src.tar.gz
md5: c9f8138b25930c8c60ec22e56315ad66

Dan