[vfio-users] Windows 10 Threshold 2 (Version 1511, OS Build 10586.3) Upgrade Issues

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:18:43 UTC 2015

> Were you referring to the update on Build 10525? I just noticed this
memory management change after you mentioned it.
Yes, however i'm not sure how to check if it is enabled: there are rumors
stating it only works on machines with 2gb or less RAM.
> Preliminary testing shows that no noticable performance issue felt on my
Arkham Knight gameplay, haven’t had the chance to play other titles for now.
Game performance isn't a good benchmarking tool. I suppose certain modes of
prime95 and 7zip benchmarks would show the difference.

Guest zram is the only way we can compress guest memory(except KSM, which
is more related to containers) since host zram is a swap-on-a-ramdisk, and
it is impossible to swap guest memory when doing gpu passthrough. I'm not
sure if you can even move the allocated memory around.