[vfio-users] UEFI-Mode VM – R9 390 stopped working with Code 43 after MSI Afterburner "use"

Stano Lano chl.xxx5x at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 05:37:21 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 with R9 290 by Sapphire and was running MSI
Afterburner without problem.
But a had big problem with Catalyst newer than 14.12 (Omega).
Turned out that newer drivers required the card to be bound to ioh3420 PCIE
Root Port.
Using qemu directly with following parameters to pass the GPU:
   -device
ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1 \
   -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0 \
If you are not passing GPU using ioh3420 you could try that.