[vfio-users] UEFI-Mode VM – R9 390 stopped working with Code 43 after MSI Afterburner "use"

Felix Mayr fm.mayr at tum.de
Fri Nov 20 22:21:13 UTC 2015

Many thanks for your help, turned out it was myself being stupid.
Apparently (didn't update anything on the host) the radeon driver messed
with the card although it was correctly bound to vfio-pci – blacklisted
the radeon module, driver install worked fine :/. Now everything works
well again, the tutorial by Alex Williamson worked fantastic btw.
(which, with the use of OVMF convinced me to finally try it out, after I
watched the developments for some years (although in the days of xen
much more patching was required than now is necessary even for BIOS-mode
VMs)