[vfio-users] Passthrough VGA on first slot

Nick Sukharev nicksukharev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 23:57:21 UTC 2015

You don't happen to have more PCIE slots on that MB that you can also try?
I had a similar issue on the first slot and I believe I resolved it by
adding "nomodeset vga=normal vesafb:off" to the kernel cmd line in GRUB
config. I currently have it as
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nomodeset vga=normal video=vesafb:off"
and the boot is happening in the default text mode. Before I changed it the
boot sequence was somehow affecting that card performance. I am not sure
which one of these 3 settings helped, could be just one but I added them
all together. Blacklisting your card driver was also necessary but I
believe you have it done already.