[vfio-users] Windows7 Guest using K2 Grid

James McEvoy jmcevoy at penguincomputing.com
Fri Oct 9 23:48:11 UTC 2015

We have gotten CentOS6.7 guests to work with a K2 Grid GPU with OpenStack.
Now we are trying to get a windows VM to use the same K2 Grid GPU.
The question I have is do we need a virtual VGA if we have a real nVidia K2
card passed through to the Windows7 guest VM or can we just define a
Display?
I ask because we could not get a CentOS guest to boot without defining a
Cirrus VGA in the libvirt.xml file.  On CentOS without a virtual VGA and
Display
the VM would start but never boot and just st there using 100% of one of
the CPUs.

  --jim