[vfio-users] VM doesn't book with kernel 4.2.3-1-vfio

Janusz januszmk6 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 20:06:11 UTC 2015

W dniu 18.10.2015 o 21:18, Alexander Petrenz pisze:
> Hi,
>
> yesterday I compiled the recent version of the vfio kernel version in
> AUR. Now my VM doesn't start at all.
> I'm getting a reproducable error message (http://pastebin.com/YsNBX4Yj)
> There are no other messages in dmesg, but those I posted yesterday.
> Same goes for hardware configuration
> According to lsmod the KVM module is loaded.
>
> Is there some configuration I need to change?
>
> Regards
> Alex

Are you using OVMF?
I don't know if this is the same because you also getting
"(process:3267): GLib-WARNING **: gmem.c:482: custom memory allocation
vtable not supported" but there is a known bug in ovmf, since kernel 4.2
because of changes in kvm, you wont be able to start properly VM with
more than one core,
http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg121088.html