[vfio-users] How to choose a compatible motherboard?

Corey Larson corey at eatrunco.de
Wed Oct 21 17:26:32 UTC 2015

I am in a position where I can do a new build with this technology in
mind. How do I go about picking a motherboard that will have the best
compatibility to do vfio?

Currently, my plan is to use this board:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H170-PRO-GAMING/specifications/. I
plan to add an additional GPU (NVidia GTX 960) for the guest, and use
the integrated Intel graphics to drive Linux. I also plan to make use of
OVMF to avoid the Intel VGA arbitration patch.

I appreciate any information you can share with me to help guide me!
--
Corey Larson
corey at eatrunco.de