[vfio-users] Virtual USB Keyboard and Mouse for guest?

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 06:14:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

Nice to meet others as well. :)

Well, at the moment, I have Synergy set up so that I need a key combination
to switch computers anyways. Synergy allows you to define your own
combination, and I would hope that my idea would allow for the defining of
custom combinations to minimize those types of gotchas. I was also thinking
that usb pass through of a keyboard and mouse would have less latency than
Synergy, but I only want to have one keyboard and mouse on my desktop.
Also, a usb KM switch would take up multiple usb ports instead of just one
or two. A wireless desktop set would have one usb receiver, so it makes a
slick system.

Even if this isn't built into qemu/libvirt/virtmanager, it would still work
as an external program. Virt-manager usb pass through screen would show the
"virtual" keyboard and mouse to pass through to the guest. It's just, I
would have no idea how to do this.

Hope someone can do something like this. :)

Jon