[vfio-users] CPU pinning with cgroups

Jon Panozzo jonp at lime-technology.com
Tue Sep 8 17:11:04 UTC 2015

I don’t think that’s true if you use the startupPolicy option of “optional”.  From libvirt domain XML documentation:

Since 1.0.0, the source element of USB devices may contain startupPolicy attribute which can be used to define policy what to do if the specified host USB device is not found. The attribute accepts the following values:

mandatory	fail if missing for any reason (the default)
requisite		fail if missing on boot up, drop if missing on migrate/restore/revert
optional		drop if missing at any start attempt