[vfio-users] Consolidated VFIO site

Abdulla Bubshait darkstego at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:34:10 UTC 2015

I had mentioned earlier that it would be nice to have some sort of hardware
DB that shows the VFIO compatibility and I am wondering if there is
interest in taking this idea further.

I am thankful for aw's blog, but beyond that getting information about VFIO
is not that straight forward. The arch forum is archived and many people
seem to be having difficulty finding it. Hardware data is stored on
unmaintained spreadsheet not everyone knows about, and there might be
people who shy away from mailing lists.

The idea I had was one sight that would provide several things.

   - Forum where people could seek VFIO help.
   - How Tos for getting VFIO running
   - HW DB where people can post their configurations and success/problems
   - Information on how to get the latest qemu/libvirt on the most popular
   Linux distros

There are several other ideas, but in general it is a one stop shop for all
things VFIO that will cater to a wide audience.

I am willing to donate some of my time and resources into trying to get
this up and running, but I know I cannot do this alone. So I am asking if
there is interest in such a concept. I admit that I do not really know the
size of the VFIO community or how much demand there is for something like
this. But I am throwing this out there so that if there is interest we
could hopefully get the ball rolling on this.

- Abdulla