[vfio-users] Virtual USB Keyboard and Mouse for guest?

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 06:03:44 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathan,

You are correct. One physical usb keyboard and mouse shared between the
host and guest(s). For the guests, it would be done via usb pass through
instead spice/vnc so that it can be used with guests that are using
dedicated graphic cards instead of seeing the desktop with virt-veiwer or
something else like it. Which means, some kind of virtual usb device that
can be added into the usb pass through part of virt-manager. This would
have several advantages, one being, if done right, lower latency than
Synergy or other network based software. Also, no need for external KM
switches. It would also play nicer with MS Windows. Synergy is nice, but
can be a bit of a pain.

@Blank Field: You were a bit rude.

Jon