[vfio-users] VM doesn't boot, hangs with R9 Fury passthrough

José Ramón Muñoz Pekkarinen koalinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:51:05 UTC 2015

	Hi Matti,

	I had similar results on this, using an HD5670, and a windows 7 guest
installed on top of ovmf. No signal in the input, nothing extrange from qemu,
and no specific error in /var/log/messages, but the host becomes unresponsive
enough that I usually have to hard reset it.

	I though tried the same setup using seabios and, when the vm decides to
boot correctly, it works quite well, and I can play something. The only
problem is that you'll probably have to setup windows again to work with old
fashion bios.

	I hope it helps.

	José.