[vfio-users] Questions for all who have gotten this to work

Zycorax Tokoroa zycorax at phoxden.xyz
Thu Sep 3 14:10:45 UTC 2015

I hope no one minds if I add my own question at this. I'd like to hear
suggestions on the second GPU to take, keeping an eye on the power drain
and the heat generated.

The current hardware configuration is this:
Corsair Cx750M
ASUS X99-Deluxe (which seems to support ACS and hence need no patch?)
ASUS STRIX GTX 970
Intel i7-5930K

I take that it's recommended, in order to have other configurations
available, such as both GPUs working in parallel on the same (host) OS,
to avoid using both NVidia and ATI, and the graphic cards have to be the
same model (although different OCs are theoretically allowed) in case of
SLI.

I suppose that this should restrict the best choice between another 970
and a 960

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.