[vfio-users] AMD CrossFire (XDMA) Passthrough

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:19:26 UTC 2015

You take your GPUs and you pass through them. Voila, everything works.
x-vga=on, x-vga=off - doesn't matter much. Usually i left both x-vga=on on
SeaBIOS, and it worked.
That's the short way.
The long way depends on your platform. I was extremely "lucky" to have an
AMD FM2 platform which is broken like utter garbage, but with the help of
Lazslo Ersek and AW i got it working in a year or so.
The main culprit i've had - x-vga doesn't work well with that sort of
machine, and i was forced to use OVMF. Under OVMF it works like the short
way - you "plug" it in and it works.
If you'll experience any problems - drop a description of your machine
somewhere nearby and some error logs, maybe they'll be familiar to me.