[vfio-users] Questions for all who have gotten this to work

Abdulla Bubshait darkstego at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:39:11 UTC 2015

I feel this would really work well in a web DB like wine's appdb but for
hardware. It would be great to see what works and what doesn't for purposes
of hardware purchases.

As for my experience. I had success with NVidia GTX 770, and prior to that
GTX 560. Both ran stable with the only issue that the GTX 770 sometimes did
not discover HDMI audio if I enabled emulated audio.

I had been unable to get AMD Fury X (FIJI) passthrough working stable, due
mainly to a reset issue freezing the card on guest restarts.

My main sources have been arch forum thread and Alex's blog.

Distros used: Debian, Mint.

Kernels: various.