[vfio-users] VFIO + ZFS build

Erik Adler erik.adler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:04:49 UTC 2015

Using the E5-2630v3 over the 2630v3 is a good idea. The RAM clock
speeds will not be gimped by the cpus. I have a few ZFS NAS servers
running on Linux and FBSD. Truth be told ZFS runs better on Linux
(ZoL) then on BSD *stop booing fanboys*.  I have more or less done
what you plan on doing here -->
https://virtualkvm.com/viewtopic.php?id=5 Works really well. There is
a GPU in passthough on that work station also. Playing Witcher 3 on it
atm. Was going to use a LSI HBA for the HDDs but just passing the
entire sata controller to the guest (NAS) worked perfectly. I am using
about 1GB of RAM for each TB of disk space for the ARC with hugepages.
The vdev is a six disk RAIDZ-2. When I got some time Ill update the
above post... dreams of a holiday :)