[vfio-users] vfio help needed (nvidia GTX 750 Ti persistent code 43)

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 00:15:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Mogliii <mogliii at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear Alex,
>
> What do you mean you are suspicious of pci-stub?
> All tutorials I've seen so far require you to prevent nuveau from
> grabbing the card. Also in your very well written tutorial I followed
> and helped me a lot.
> (http://vfio.blogspot.jp/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-3-host.html)
>
> I just tried the MSI GTX 750 Ti with Bios mode (bios selection switch ->
> 1, followed by host reboot). But it behaves the same. I see the ovmf
> bios and boot splash, but then loss of signal.

It's not that you're using pci-stub, it's that pci-stub is built as a
module on your kernel and you need to be sure to put all the pieces in
place to make sure that module gets loaded before anything else that might
touch the device.  As I said, it appears to be working, but you're still
getting a code 43.