[vfio-users] Unbind Vfio Passthrough = general protection fault

nahoxou at netcourrier.com nahoxou at netcourrier.com
Tue Sep 22 09:35:16 UTC 2015

|Have you tried without -daemonize switch? I had issues when running with -daemonize. When I shutdown the VM and I |immediately start the VM again using the same command, it complained about the devices aren't available to be assigned, |forgot the real wording of it.

|Then I tried to do without -daemonize. It took quite some time from the display got off after issuing shutdown from inside the |VM to QEMU process finally exits to the Terminal again. So probably 1/10 of your attempts has the correct timing in |unbinding the device when it is ready to be unbinded.

|Best regards,
|Okky Hendriansyah

Ok now without daemonize unbind works better.  Successful 7 cycles of start/wait win desktop icons/stop qemu one after the other without xserver.

But i get a general protection fault on the 8th attempt when i am on xserver.
My xserver only use intel graphic so no trace of nvidia...

Is there a way to check the card state or force card to be ready to unbind before unbind command?

I only know vfio bind create /dev/vfio/1 file... :(