[vfio-users] New computer assembled, need help

ALG Bass olorin12 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:49:58 UTC 2015

Okay, I just got all my parts and got my computer assembled. Here are the
relevant parts:

Asrock 970m Pro3 micro-atx motherboard (has PCIe x16 and PCIe x4 slots)
AMD FX8350
16 gb ram
2 graphics cards:
Geforce GTX 970 in PCIe x16 slot
Geforce GTX 750 ti in PCIe x4 slot

I get display out of the GTX 970. When I plug in the GTX 750 ti I get
nothing - no display at all. When I have just the 750ti plugged in, in
either slot, I get display. For some reason when two cards are plugged in,
display only comes from the card in the x16 slot, as if the mobo only wants
to run them as SLI.
 I was planning on using the 750ti as my Linux graphics card and the GTX
970 as my Winders gaming graphics card.
Anyone else had this problem? And is it possible for me to just have the
970 plugged in and pass it through, leaving the Linux host with nothing
until I shut down the VM, in case I can't get the 750ti to work as my Linux
graphics card?

Thanks!