[vfio-users] code 43

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Fri Sep 25 03:59:48 UTC 2015

Hi Ryan,

The Code 43 error is usually triggered by NVIDIA driver which sees the KVM Feature and Hyper-V Enlightenment being enabled on the Windows VM. Thus we need to hide KVM feature from the guest and not using any Hyper-V Enlightenment switch. As suggested by Blank, try remove the:

-cpu host,hv_time,kvm=off

Since the host and kvm=off part is the same as:

<kvm>
    <hidden state='on’/>
</kvm>
<cpu mode='host-model'>
    <model fallback='allow'/>
</cpu>

The hv_time is one of the hv_* Hyper-V Enlightenment switch.

--
Okky Hendriansyah