[vfio-users] KVM + QEMU + GPU passthrough (Windows7 Guest)

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:14:47 UTC 2015

Because vfio-pci.ids can make vfio directly access GPU with VID:PID. You
have to write another script to make VFIO mount GPU manually if using
pci-stub.

Also, on Fedora, directly using vfio-pci can let you install same GPUs and
work on host and guest at the same time.
For example, you can installed 2 x R9-285 on your host and let one working
in host and another one mount into guest.
It can't do this if using pci-stub only, because pci-stub only works on
VID:PID.