[vfio-users] Disk Performance

Hi guys,

It seems the biggest limiting factor of my GPU Passthrough setup is the disk. Does anyone have any tips to optimize it? Also, which is faster, having the disk with if=virtio, or having the disk with if=none and a virtio SCSI controller. The raw image is 250GB on a 500GB ext4 hard drive, which is encrypted with dm-crypt. Below is my current script.

Thanks,
Sarnex

#!/bin/sh
export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=pa
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm \
-m 5120 \
-cpu host \
-smp 8,sockets=1,cores=8,threads=1 \
-device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,x-vga=on,multifunction=on \
-device vfio-pci,host=01:00.1 \
-vga none \
-drive file=/media/500GB/win10.img,id=disk,if=virtio,cache=none,format=raw \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:12.0 \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:12.2 \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:16.0 \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:16.2 \