[vfio-users] Disk Performance

Bob Dawes xochipilli4 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 09:34:22 UTC 2016

My apologies as you appear to have inherited all my unnecessary
configuration options on the block device. As I'm messing around with
qemu and I don't really understand that driver yet I tend to explicitly
set every option so next time I use the VM with a new testing version of
qemu my VM doesn't do unpredictable things because some feature I'm not
messing with got switched on or off.

You may prefer to always have the author's best settings which in the
general case is usually advisable and is achieved by leaving parameters
implicit. For your config this would be:

-drive
if=none,format=raw,cache=none,cache.direct=on,file=/media/500GB/win10.img,aio=native,id=ssd2
\
-object iothread,id=iothread2 \
-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=ssd2,iothread=iothread2

Naturally, you will find most authors tend to be cautious about
switching on experimental or risky features, so to test those you
usually have to explicitly set parameters. You can type 'info qtree' in
the qemu console and check the configs parameters if you are interested
in the fine details, but I wouldn't explicitly set the parameters unless
you know you need something.