Re: [vfio-users] Patched qemu on arch

Try

-object input-linux,id=mouse,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-Areson_USB_Device-event-mouse

where the bit after /by-id/ is adapted to your own needs. There is also a syntax for all devices or something like that, but I couldn't get it to work first time I tried. The old style was

-input-linux /dev/input/by-id/usb-Areson_USB_Device-event-mouse

not sure exactly when it switched but 2.6 I think. In theory you can mess with the objects using the monitor. I think it's somewhere in:

qom-list /machine/unattached/

Assuming they aren't some different type of object - but you'd have to look at the code for that. I was going to make it so that when I switched my monitor between displayport/hdmi it switched the object on/off but I couldn't get any events out of X and I'm not sure the input interface is stable yet anyway. I'll cope with my broken kvm for a bit longer yet.