Re: [vfio-users] Guest does not boot OS with GPU passed through, stuck at TianoCore boot splash

Simple way of converting:
ps -ef | grep qemu
It'll show what libvirt starts.

On Apr 11, 2016 6:18 PM, "Stefan Seil" <stefan seil gmx net> wrote:
I have assigned two CPU cores to the VM and the performance graph in virt-manager shows a constant 50-51% usage.
I have created two simple virtual drives (both IDE, raw), one to use as a hard disk and one for a CDROM drive to boot the installation image. This was done in the setup wizard in virt-manager, so this is more or less the default configuration I guess. As I said before,
the VM boots this without problems if I remove the assigned graphics card from it.
I don't pass through anything but the two PCI devices for my graphics card (one for the GPU, one for the HDMI audio).

I tried converting the XML configuration to qemu arguments with domxml-to-native, but I get this error every time:

Error: Internal Error: invalid PCI passthrough type 'default'

I have searched for an explanation and potential solution to this error, but the only thing I found was about a bug in libvirt from two years ago, so I am not sure what this error is supposed to mean. I will have to further investigate this.
For reference, here is the XML configuration: http://pastebin.com/RNDhgdK1