Re: [vfio-users] Using input-linux in qemu-git; mouse works, but keyboard doesn't

Hi,

It took me awhile to figure out what was going on when I got my new keyboard. It turns out when you list all devices in by-id there were three entries for the keyboard. The third one was the keyboard part and the other ones were the macro keys.

Gerd, would it possible to use the device as listed by lsusb (the user pass in the bus and port numbers so a small amount of detail) because it shows only one for the keyboard. Also would it be possible to scan the keyboard details and pass that information through to the VM so the VM thinks that device is plugged into the USB port then we can use the software from the manufacturer to make the macro keys and special features work. Then press both control keys to switch the device back and forth between guest and host?

Jon

On 12 Apr 2016 10:04 am, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel redhat com> wrote:
On Di, 2016-04-12 at 00:33 -0700, William Green wrote:
> Using latest git:
>
> /dev/input/event1
>    id   : 046d:200a, (null), v273
>    phys : "usb-0000:00:14.0-14:2"
>    name : "Logitech K350"
>    KEY  : [ 261 codes ]
>    REL  : HWHEEL
>    ABS  : VOLUME
>    MSC  : SCAN
>    LED  : NUML CAPSL SCROLLL COMPOSE KANA

Ah, that is more useful ;)

Guess we should check the relative axis is actually x or y before
classifying the device as mouse ...

cheers,
  Gerd