1. I followed the instructions listed on this blog (
) and got my current machine to run a windows 10 vm with pci passthrough perfectly. I've now switched back to Arch (my default OS) and want to try to adapt these instructions now that I know it will work.
2. I have 2 identical GPUs, so I have to follow the special instructions outlined in https://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-3-host.html
. Again, this worked on Fedora, so to my knowledge it should work on Arch too.
3. Please do not refer me to the outdated Arch forums with 680+ posts that has now been closed. That thread should be deleted as it is unwieldy and useless. I have two Nvidia GTX 970s, but again, it worked on Fedora 23. I'm throwing this out there due to other advice that I have been given in the past.
4. Dracut isn't used in Arch but mkinitcpio is. You're asked to insert add_drivers+="vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_pci vfio_virqfd" in: /etc/dracut.conf.d/local.conf.
Should I instead add MODULES="vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_pci vfio_virqfd" to mkinitcpio.conf?
5. Farther down, I'm supposed to insert install_items+="/sbin/vfio-pci-override-vga.sh /usr/bin/find /usr/bin/dirname" in: /etc/dracut.conf.d/local.conf.
Should I instead add install_items+="/sbin/vfio-pci-override-vga.sh /usr/bin/find /usr/bin/dirname" to /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf?
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.