Re: [vfio-users] Fwd: UEFI & virt-manager on Arch

That article is being rewritten in a neighbor thread, beware.

On Apr 15, 2016 3:36 PM, "Garland Key" <david garland key gmail com> wrote:
Arch doesn't provide these files.  In the wiki, you're asked to extract the files from the rpm and copy them to the appropriate directly.  From there, you modify the config file to point to the bin files so that virt-manager can see it.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Laszlo Ersek <lersek redhat com> wrote:
On 04/15/16 12:58, Philip Abernethy wrote:
> The upside to my, admittedly cludgy, solution is that it works without
> adding custom repos or installing half-assed AUR packages.
> You may want to consider explaining the situation to the maintainer of
> extra/ovmf and perhaps suggest a solution.
>
> Laszlo Ersek <lersek redhat com <mailto:lersek redhat com>> schrieb am
> Fr., 15. Apr. 2016 um 12:08 Uhr:
>
>     On 04/15/16 10:45, Philip Abernethy wrote:
>     > I'm using extra/ovmf on my machine and just had to add
>     >
>     > nvram = [
>     >    "/usr/share/ovmf/ovmf_x64.bin:/usr/share/ovmf/ovmf_x64.bin"
>     > ]

I am not an Arch Linux user, so -- while I am very fond of the Arch
Linux documentation! -- I would prefer if Arch Linux users talked to
their packagers.

Gerd's build script is publicly available, of course: either from the
src.rpm under <https://www.kraxel.org/repos/jenkins/edk2/>, or directly
from git: <https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/jenkins/edk2/tree/edk2.git.spec>.

So... I cannot say if ArchLinux actually ships the split files, and just
the above example was incorrect, *or* if ArchLinux doesn't even ship the
split files.

In the ArchLinux wiki,

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Complete_example_for_QEMU_.28CLI-based.29_without_libvirtd

I saw pathnames like

  /usr/share/ovmf/x64/ovmf_code_x64.bin
  /usr/share/ovmf/x64/ovmf_vars_x64.bin

hence I assumed that ArchLinux was shipping the split files (and that
the example near the top was incorrect). I may have been wrong -- I
don't use Arch and don't know what Arch package provides what files.

Thanks
Laszlo