[vfio-users] Arch, Virt-manager and Network Manager [help needed]

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 10:51:07 UTC 2016

Network Manager has some serious bugs. The best way to create a bridge is
to delete all the networks from Network Manger. Then configure
systemd-networkd scripts. It's not hard. In fact, stupidly easy. Enable
systemd-networkd. Then add the bridge in Virt-Manager.

The Network Manager creation of a bridge is very unstable, which is the
opposite you want for a VM. Also, you have the added bonus of starting the
bridge earlier. I would share my scripts, but I'm in Spain away from my
desktop at the moment. I still use Network Manager to use OpenVPN easily.
The new versions of NW have a fix so they don't display networks they
didn't create, so you have no worry about messing up the networkd scripts.

Jon