Re: [vfio-users] Guest does not boot OS with GPU passed through, stuck at TianoCore boot splash

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM, Blank Field <ihatethisfield gmail com> wrote:

On Apr 18, 2016 5:31 PM, "Laszlo Ersek" <lersek redhat com> wrote:

> I'm very pleased with my GTX750.

I guess most 7XX nvidia cards work rather well, no? 750 being the most balanced in performance-per-cost.

I'd generally suggest Kepler or newer with UEFI support in the ROM.  That UEFI part can be dicey on Kepler, but is more prevalent on Maxwell (ex. I had to ask for a UEFI ROM for my EVGA GTX660, but the EVGA GTX750 came with it).  The 750 and 750Ti are not only a good value, but have very modest power requirements, so it's a win all around for less demanding/casual gaming.