I'd put the networking stuff, synergy and all that into some sort of "Potential improvements" section and link to related pages instead, to avoid filling the vfio page with unrelated content for the sake of having an entire guide in one place.

About the bridge, double-check the output of `ip a` or `networkctl` if you're using systemd-networkd, to make sure that your bridge is properly setup as the primary network interface and that nothing else is trying to use eth0/enp0s0.

Nicolas

On 2016-04-18 18:56, Garland Key wrote:
I just tried this and as soon as I start the VM, my bridge on the host fails and defaults to the wired connection.

I think that if the pci-passthrough wiki is going to talk about synergy as an input solution, then it should also discuss creating a bridge, since it's necessary in order to accomplish said goal.