Re: [vfio-users] Nvidia GTX 970 sound is choppy

Alternately, if that doesn't help you, Razer's got a virtual surround app that generates a virtual sound card.  I use that as my default sound card in the VM.  That doesn't solve the problem if you're using the sound directly on the host, though.  I play through in-home streaming, and Steam picks up the virtual card as a valid audio source and streams it perfectly.