Re: [vfio-users] connect bridge without connection to the local network?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM, thibaut noah <thibaut noah gmail com> wrote:
Static ip for the host seems to be fine, my only problem is with the guest now.

Yes i have libvirt installed, so if i enable virbr0 in my host and use it as a source on my vm i should be fine?

I currently have an interface of type bridge in my xml which uses br-lan (my host bridge i pasted above) as source, model type is virtio.

If you already have libvirt installed, I think you probably would like to utilize virbr0 instead of changing your Internet-enabled interface (br-lan), so you can go back using br-lan if you have Internet connection reestablished. I think virbr0 has built-in DHCP also via dnsmasq [1], so you do not have to statically assign the guest IP address.

[1] http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirtualNetworking

Best regads,
Okky Hendriansyah