Re: [vfio-users] BAR 0: can't reserve

have you tried using a different slot for the passtrough'ed card? With the exception of some Gigabyte motherboards that allow switching the primary graphics device the first slot is usually reserved/hooked during the boot to display GRUB stuff and early pre-vfio loading kernel stuff. I think efifb might claim the device in that moment. I recall reading of someone having built the kernel with efifb as a module, and thus could unload it later on

vfio-pci 0000:01:00.0: BAR 0: can't reserve [mem 0xc0000000-0xcfffffff
64bit pref]

cat /proc/iomem shows...
b0000000-ffffffff : PCI Bus 0000:00
   b0000000-bfffffff : PCI Bus 0000:02
     b0000000-bfffffff : 0000:02:00.0
   c0000000-cfffffff : PCI Bus 0000:01
     c0000000-cfffffff : 0000:01:00.0
       c0000000-c02fffff : efifb

efifb

How do i get rid of it?
Seems like it's blocking my videocard.
GRUB2 options aren't showing anything of value.
Host system has proprietary nvidia driver installed, linux cmdline is:
BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.4.7-300.fc23.x86_64
root=UUID=c58981f4-3223-4b94-ba68-24dc9a553750 ro nomodeset rhgb quiet
amd_iommu=on iommu=pt LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Also, that seems to be the reason for my libvirtd hanging up on guest
kill, since i've got a funny kernel oops in dmesg:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/360833/18732521/

Halp.