Re: [vfio-users] BAR 0: can't reserve

Nevermind, the end user was dumb as usual.

I've developed a habit of doing grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg which efi grub ignores, storing it's config on the ESP instead. So you should do grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
I wondered why this "video=efifb:off" wouldn't appear on the /proc/cmdline even though it was everywhere else being /etc/default/grub or /etc/sysconfig/grub.
That was exactly the reason.

Please, make a fix to your blogpost about host configuration, part 3 regarding EFI hosts.
Also, that's the reason for all else problems. I, however, wonder how i've managed to get iommu=pt into config without thinking about different paths.

The video=efifb:off is also (almost) documented there, a copy of once TLDP document:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html