Re: [vfio-users] Strange behavior with recent update. ACS(?) & VFIO

​Thank you Samuel.

The initramfs had been regenerated.  It got to the point where I had to remove ​vfio (and associated modules) from mkinitcpio.conf to restore the audio devices to the host (for pulse audio to detect).

1.  My cmdline is:
initrd=\initramfs-linux.img root=PARTUUID=********-****-****-****-************ rw intel_iommu=on

2.  OK thanks for clarifying.

3.  I'm guessing libvirt used to do this automagically when the VM was shutdown, and it stopped doing so?

4.  OK

After adding vfio modules back to mkinitcpio.conf and regenerating another initramfs, it is back to working as intended.  Very strange.  Thanks again Samuel, I'll consider it solved / unable to reproduce.