[vfio-users] Boot using second GPU?

Rokas Kupstys rokups at zoho.com
Thu Aug 4 17:59:03 UTC 2016

Hey is it possible to make kernel use GPU other than one that is in
first slot? If so - how?

I have multiple PCIe slots but only first can run at max speed so i
would like to use it for VGA passthrough. However if i put powerful GPU
into the first slot - linux boots using that GPU. I would like to make
kernel use GPU in slot 3. So result should be bios and bootloader
running on gpu in slot #1, but kernel should use gpu in slot #3. I tried
binding first gpu to vfio-pci driver hoping kernel would use next
available gpu. That did not work, i could see one line with systemd
version in low-res console (normally its high-res). I also tryed
fbcon=map:1234 (not exactly being sure what im doing) but that yielded
black screen. Not sure what else i could try.

--
Rokas Kupstys