working reasonably well.  Otherwise there's not really enough
information in your report to provide any specific advice.  Thanks,

Alex
I don't think there's much to report, unfortunately.

The problem is that VFIO passthroughs are made possible by a number of features and protocols introduced in the UEFI spec, which wasn't really needed on GPUs or anywhere back in 2010, when the GTX 500 series was released. When Windows 8 introduced secure boot, UEFI support accross the board became a requirement for most OEM PCs, so the vast majority of the hardware relased after that point supports it. Since secure boot had been making the news for a few months before that, I'm guessing the hardware manufacturers had also been given the heads up, so a number of 600 series card probably support it as well, like Alex said. Don't quote me on that, though, I'm looking things up as I go.

If you really want to be sure on whether or not your GPU is UEFI compatible and you've already tried looking up the exact model on TechPowerup's database (it's not perfect, everything listed for my card says it's not EFI compatible), see if you can boot on a version of windows with EFI support (Windows 7+). If GPU-Z detects your BIOS as UEFI compatible, then you're in luck, but I wouldn't count on it.

The point is, that card most probably won't work as a guest card. You could use it on the host, but you'd have to get a new card for the actual passthrough.

-Nicolas

On 2016-08-12 15:14, gerson moises wrote:
Dear Mr. Alex WIlliamson,

I have asked before about problems using Ubuntu and Windows as guests for PCI Pass-through.
As Mr. Alex said, the success rate of GTX 570 cards is not high. However, I would like to know how can I make a detailed troubleshooting in this case for report purposes, I mean is there a way I can find the cause of the problem by checking KVM or kernel logs ? I am still a beginner in this area.