[vfio-users] Host hard lockups

vfio vfio at taintedbit.com
Mon Aug 22 20:18:59 UTC 2016

On 08/16/2016 12:51 PM, vfio wrote:
> I noticed that the symptoms of the freeze are very similar to the
> freezes I sometimes get when shutting down the guest. After searching
> the archives, I decided to try enabling MSI for the Titan X in the Win10
> guest. This did indeed stop the freezes at shutdown time. I've been
> using the guest for 10 days since my original post. During this time I
> experienced only one freeze, but I was not nearby at the time so it's
> hard to say if the guest caused it.

It took longer than expected, but a definite crash happened yesterday.
Sadly, it seems that MSI was not a fix for the in-use crashes.

At this point I'm worried that it's some sort of weird hardware-specific
interaction that is unlikely to be fixed. If anybody experiences similar
symptoms or can suggest any debugging techniques, I'd greatly appreciate
any suggestions.

Thanks!