Re: [vfio-users] USB >>port<< passthrough

You can't pass the port itself.  You can pass individual devices attached to a port, but the latency can get weird sometimes.  I had pretty significant problems when I did it that way.  I opted to use Francisco's solution above, with a slight adjustment.  I have a dedicated card that gets allocated to the VM.  Connected to that, and to one of the host's USB ports, I have a USB A/B switch.  Connected to the switch is a 4 port hub.  Connected to the hub is my keyboard and mouse.  All I have to do to switch the inputs from the host to the guest and back is to choose A or B on the switch, and a few seconds later all input is directed to the correct location.