[vfio-users] PCI Passthrough of GTX 980 on guest getting "unable to determine the device handle"

David Sutton kantras at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:36:04 UTC 2016

Kevin,

  Do you have any more specific information about your setup and how its
configured? For example, are you using libvirt? command line? do you have
config examples? I have passthrough of a gtx780 working for a Fedora 25
guest and will be trying with a gtx 980 later today. I glanced over the
link to the devtalk site and didn't notice anything in the config given
that was hiding the presence of KVM so that the Nvidia driver can't detect
that its running in a VM (something that I always try to configure)

Regards,

  David