[vfio-users] BSOD with IGD passthrough (HD4000/4600)

Manuel Ullmann manuel.ullmann at posteo.de
Fri Dec 23 13:43:38 UTC 2016

Hm,

I have a HD 4600 in my i5 Haswell. It works fine since the ignore_msrs
hint. How do you boot your host system? If it is booted in UEFI mode,
does /proc/iomem contain the word BOOTFB prefixed by your gpu pci
address (on any boot)? In other words, have you fixed the BOOTFB
allocation issue, which seems to occur, when the EFI driver grabs the
boot GPU?
I would assume, that it is in CSM mode, because I couldn’t
even boot without clearing the GPU ram. However it could possibly
intervene in such a host configuration.

Best regards,
Manuel